Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Transition Handbook

I don't really identify with the causal orientation (peak oil, living without oil.) I'd like to re-sub-title the book "From where we have been to local resilience". Local resilience in and of itself is exciting to me. But I understand that for those who prefer a reason/focused beginning point to initiate and perhaps make a priority of improving our collective lifestyle, it's a good title due to its scope, (notwithstanding the fact that that's what inspired the author!)

My motivation is mainly spiritual (and egoic: me ego is attached to a vision I keep having, and it is willing to 'step aside for' and 'be of service to' all projects and paths that lead there asap.) I have had many 'visions' (not visual) inspired by the question: "In a perfect world, in which everyone is enlightened, we're all meeting our needs, and we all know how to keep it that way... where do I live?"

A few years ago, I determined that I am "a living invitation" to that world, and that my life's calling / Art is to "sketch out the future I choose to see in everyday situations, and live a life in the present tense that affirms the inevitable outcome: humanity, consciously loving, and creating from there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment